Call For Proposals
The Paul R. MacPherson Institute for Leadership, Innovation & Excellence in Teaching is accepting proposals for the Learning and Technology Symposium 2018, which will be held at McMaster University (Hamilton, ON) on October 10th, 2018. This year’s theme is Making Blended Learning Work.
We invite abstracts that explore a range of topics that speak to how technology can be used to address teaching and learning challenges, including (but not limited to):
· Online practices in a faculty or discipline
· Implementing established pedagogical techniques with new tools
· Strategies for presenting content online
· Deciding what goes online and what is done face-to-face in a flipped classroom
· Activities to increase student interactions with course content, e.g. case studies, experiential learning, service learning, etc.
· Enhancing the instructor’s sense of social presence online
· Instructor-student interactions: providing feedback and support while managing workload
· Fostering peer-to-peer interactions through discussions and collaborative assignments
· Fostering engagement (personal, intellectual, academic, social, and professional engagement)
· Making online course environments accessible to faculty and students with disabilities/Universal Design for Learning
The program for the conference will consist of presentations (45 min.). Interactive sessions are encouraged.
We invite faculty, educational developers, instructional designers, media developers, and learning technologists who are engaged in blended learning to join the conversation and share their experiences.